Quality Roof Repairs and Replacements since 1963.
When you have water entering your home through the roof – no matter how small or insignificant it might seem – it is important to get someone to look at it immediately. No roofing problem ever corrects itself; in fact, they only seem to get worse, with the potential to cause even more damage to your home’s interior.
At George J. Grove & Son, our team of roofing repair experts respond promptly and will repair your roof correctly. We’ll do a thorough inspection of the area around the leak, identify the source of the water penetration, and correct the problem. We will also look at any other areas that might cause leaks to form – including vent pipes, flashing, trim, and valleys – and recommend any future repair work.
When your home’s roofing system seems to be leaking, contact George J. Grove immediately; we’ll take the steps necessary to ensure your roof is watertight and secure.
Replacing Your Home’s Roof
While advancements in roofing technology keep expanding the life expectancy of roofing systems, there will be a time you need to replace your home’s roof. When that day comes, you want an experienced roofing company to make sure the job is done right, so you can enjoy decades of worry-free living in your home.
George J. Grove & Son has been replacing roofing systems in homes around Lancaster County since 1963. We’ve worked with all types of roofing materials, including asphalt shingles, shake shingles, slate tiles, standing seam metal, and flat rubber systems. We are fast, efficient, and thorough, making sure your home is covered by a new roof that will last for decades. And since we are a full-service home exterior company, we ensure your roof works in conjunction with the flashing, gutter system, and siding, creating a protective water barrier to your home that also looks great.
When you need a new roof installed on your home, turn to the roofing experts at George J. Grove.
Financing Your Roofing Project Is Easy
Special financing is available through our partnerships with Members 1st Federal Credit Union.
Common Roof Types in Pennsylvania
There are several types of roofing materials available for homeowners in Pennsylvania, each with their own unique appearances, design features, and advantages.
- EPDM Rubber Roof. A rubber roof system works well on a flat roof, where there is no pitch. With little maintenance and long lifespan, this is our preferred choice – over rolled asphalt and tar – for flat roof installations.
- Asphalt Roof Shingles. The most common roofing material for pitched (sloped) roof applications, asphalt shingles are durable, affordable, and are easy to install. We offer a large selection of shingle colors, patterns, and quality, so you can get exactly what you want. With proper installation and regular maintenance, you can expect up to 50 years from an asphalt roof, depending on the type of shingle you choose.
- Shake Shingle Roof. Traditionally made using shingles split from wooden logs, shake shingles provide a colonial feel to a home or building. And with composite shake shingles, you can achieve the historic look of a shake roof, but with the modern advantages of durability and reduced costs. Whether you
- Slate Roof. Made from thin tiles of slate stone, a slate roof is a staple throughout historic Lancaster County neighborhoods. We can repair and install a new slate roof, so your home retains its historic appearance. Composite slate shingles gives your home the look of slate, only in a more affordable and long-lasting manner.
- Standing Seam Metal. A metal roof is an excellent choice when you want durability and bright color options for your roof. Around Lancaster County, metal roof systems are the choice for barn owners and commercial properties who want a long-lasting roof, though it can be installed on any home or building with a pitched roof.
A roofing consultant from George J. Grove can help you choose the right roof style that meets your needs and budget, as well as complements your home’s style.
EPDM Rubber – the Choice for a Flat Roof Installation
Whether you have a commercial property or a home with a flat roof, you need special roofing material to make sure water does not enter the building. The most common coating – rolled asphalt and tar – is less durable and requires frequent application. That’s why we recommend a EPDM rubber roof from Versico.
Consisting of a reinforced rubber membrane, an EPDM roof is weather-resistant, energy efficient, and long lasting. Aside from minimal maintenance every 2-5 years, an EPDM roof will last much longer than an asphalt and tar coated roof. In fact, a similar roof was installed on a roof at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in the 1960s – and is still going strong!
At George J. Grove, our installers are certified by the manufacturer, after passing a rigorous 3-day training program. We have the experience in installing and maintaining these roofing systems, giving you the confidence in a long-lasting roof for your commercial property.
To speak to an expert about a EPDM rubber roof for your project, call us at 717-393-0859.
A rubber EPDM roof is the recommended solution for a flat roof.
13 Indications Your Roof Needs Replacing
- Missing shingles
- Cracked or curling shingles
- Blistering or peeling paint
- Damaged, rotting, or outdated flashing
- Damage in the roof’s valleys
- The roof is sagging or feels spongy while walking on it
- The wooden underlayment is rotting away
- Leakage in your attic after heavy rains
- Visible stains on interior walls or ceilings
- High energy bills
- Missing granules from asphalt shingles, or excessive amount of granules in your gutters
- Moss growing on shingles
- Dark stains from algae
When you notice any of these warning signs, it is a good indication you need a new roof. Contact us today, before your roof gets worse and causes structural damage to the underlayment or living spaces.
Set Up a Consultation With a Roofing Expert
Looking to install a new roof or repair you existing one? Contact the roofing experts at George J. Grove & Son. We can take a look at your existing roof, provide you with options on colors and materials, and give you a no-obligation quote. We are also happy to answer any questions you might have!